Sunday, October 23, 2011

Offended in time

Last Thursday As I was finishing one job and scurrying to another teaching job I ran into a Yellow woman who was flapping her arms at me. It, as I got closer, turned out to be the mother of two of my previous students. We chatted and thankfully I remembered her brats names and she told me they were fine. We talked about other classmates of her children too.  Her son, the elder was doing well in one of the most prestigious high-schools and her daughter in the 10th grade was doing even better. Then the axe fell. She said, Oh Nigel- Sensei it is thanks to you that they are both doing so well in English. We ( the mother's ) at the time, thought that we were wasting money and now we realize just how good their English capabilities are.  Well I was pissed. These bitches who invented some excuse and then stopped their kids from taking English from me are now basking in the glory of what was a great lesson format.  What authority did they have to critic or even comment on the caliber of my lessons. Moreover, what do they know about teaching English to over-indulged Japanese shysters.  Anyway, I am so offended and ready to quit all my extra-remedial classes. She is not the first to thank me....but she is the first to actually say that all the mothers agreed that they were pissing away money on my classes.
Well they can go to Japanese English speakers who haven't got the correct accents and who have no idea how to conjugate or speak grammatically correct English.  I am so totally disgusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment